Copyrights | Licenses¶
- The GHDL front-end package
std.textio, and the runtime library
GRTare given under GNU GPLv2.
- The documentation is given under CC-BY-SA.
As a consequence of the runtime copyright, you are not allowed to distribute an executable produced by GHDL without allowing access to the VHDL sources. Please, send a comment (Requesting enhancements) if you don’t like this policy.
The following packages are copyrighted by third parties (see corresponding sources for more information):
These from library
ieeeare copyrighted by Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE) :
numeric_std: the source files may be distributed without change, except as permitted by the standard; these may not be sold or distributed for profit. [see also IEEE 1076.3 ]
VITAL_Memory[see also IEEE 1076.4 ]
The following sources may be used and distributed without restriction, provided that the copyright statements are not removed from the files and that any derivative work contains the copyright notice.
GHDL is copyright © 2002 - 2020 Tristan Gingold.
This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation; either version 2 of the License, or (at your option) any later version.
This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU General Public License for more details.
This is a free documentation; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 license. You are free to share (copy and redistribute the material in any medium or format) and/or adapt (remix, transform, and build upon the material for any purpose, even commercially). We cannot revoke these freedoms as long as you follow the these terms:
- Attribution: you must provide the name of the creator and attribution parties (more info), a copyright notice, a license notice, a disclaimer notice, a link to the material, a link to the license and indicate if changes were made (see marking guide and more info). You may do so in any reasonable manner, but not in any way that suggests we endorse you or your use.
- ShareAlike: if you remix, transform, or build upon the material, you must distribute your contributions under the same license as the original.
- No additional restrictions: you may not apply legal terms or technological measures that legally restrict others from doing anything the license permits.
See CC-BY-SA-4.0 Legal Code for more details.
List of Contributors¶
|Baggett, Jonas||signal selection|
|Bertram, Felix||VPI interface|
|Davis, Brian||Windows Mcode builds|
|Drummond, Brian||GCC 4.8.2 update, OSVVM port, some bugfixes|
|Gingold, Tristan ||Sole author of GHDL as a whole|
|Jensen, Adam||FreeBSD builds|
|Koch, Markus||vendor pre-compile script for Lattice (GNU/Linux)|
|Koontz, David||Mac OSX builds, LRM compliance work, bugfix analyses|
|Lehmann, Patrick||Windows compile scripts, vendor library pre-compile scripts (win+lin), building in MinGW, AppVeyor integration.|
|Martinez-Corral, Unai||ghdl-cosim, setup-ghdl-ci, docs, docker/CI, termux build script, building/testing on ARM|
|van Rantwijk, Joris||Debian packaging|
With apologies to anyone who ought to be either on this table or in the GitHub contributor list, but isn’t. Thanks also to all those who have reported bugs and support issues, and often patches and testcases to either the late gna! website or sourceforge.net/p/ghdl-updates/tickets.